FORUM D'ENTRAIDE SCOLAIRE
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

FORUM D'ENTRAIDE SCOLAIRE

Ce forum est dédié au soutien ,à l'entraide et à l'échange scolaires

AccueilPortailRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerSITE
Le Deal du moment : -21%
LEGO® Icons 10329 Les Plantes Miniatures, ...
Voir le deal
39.59 €

Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur

4 participants
AuteurMessage
Kytice
membre inactif
membre inactif

Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur Empty
MessageSujet: Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur   Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur Icon_minitimeDim 19 Nov - 12:47

Hello tout le monde ! Very Happy
Je pense que tout est dans le titre : j'aprécierais énormément que quelqu'un fasse une relecture de mon devoir (inachvé, il manque intro+ conclu), juste pour vérifier qu'il n'y a pas d'émormités Rolling Eyes . Merci !
Citation :
In traditionnal Arabic society, there are two different honours that have to be distinguished : sharaf and ‘ird.
Sharaf designates the honour of a social unity, such as that of an Arab tribe, or of a family, as well as that of an individual. If a member of a social unity fails to follow what is decided for them (i.e an adequate moral behaviour), the social status of the family or the tribe is weakened. Sharaf can be redeemed by an exemplary behaviour(generosity, courage…). Sharaf more or less corresponds to the Western concept of dignity .
‘ird, on the other hand, designates women’s honour solely, and can only be degraded. Just like purity and chastity, an exemplary moral behaviour cannot strengthen it, but misbehaviour can cause irreparable damages to a woman’s ‘ird. Furthermore, ‘ird gets the better of sharaf ; the honour of the Arabic family or the tribe can be severely affected when the chastity of one of its women is violated or when her reputation is in question. In consequence, the violation of a woman’s honour requires drastic measures. Tarrad Fayiz, a jordanial tribal leader, explains that « A woman is like an olive tree. When its branch catches woodworm, it has to be chopped off so that society stays clean and pure.».
Behaviour that is considered a violation of the family honour is not really determined. Fundamentally, an unsupervised contact between a man and a woman that could be interprated as intimate by the society is enough. Such a contact can be minute : a 15 years old jordanian girl was stoned to death by her brother because he had seen her walking towards the general direction of a house where young men lived on their own.
Concerning rape, society does not consider the raped woman as a victim to be protected, but as someone who sullies the family’s sharaf. Her relatives will choose to erase that shame by taking her life. If they do not, their disgrace will increase.

The murder of women to recover the honour of the family comes, for the most part, from the social and psycological pressure the killer feels. Many of them confess that the circle of their imediate social relations (family, clan, village…) expected them to commit the murder and encouraged them to do so. From society’s point of view, not to killed the sullied woman debases her immediate relatives.
An Egyptian man strangled his daughter, pregnant outside marriage, cut her body up in 8 pieces and flushed them in the toilets. He said : «Shame hauted me wherevere I went [before the murder]. People from the village were pitiless with me. They made jokes and mocked me. I couldn’t bear it anymore and decided to put an stop to that shame »
Another man says he was « under terrible pressure », and a third one that his only motive was to be rid of what people said.
‘Izzat Muhaysin, psychatrist in the Project for the Mental Sanity of Gaza, explains that someone who does not « wash the shame away with blood » is «a coward who does not deserve to live». He also adds that said person is often described as being less that human.
The murder results in the expected social boost, allowing the family to come back to its original social status.

Killing of women for (alledged or real) sexual “crime” has been going on since the time of Anciant Babylon (1700 BCE).
In Peru, from 1200 BCE to 1322 CE, a man who caught or suspected his wife of having an affair was allowed to kill her. However, if a woman did the same thing, she would be executed.
Some people in certain Chinese or Japanese, as well as others South Asian cultures also legally allowed the killing of unfaithful wives by their husbands to protect the honour of the family.
Honnour killings have obviously not been invented by Islam. Why, then, are there so many honour crimes in Islamic country ?
Sheikh `Atiyyah Saqr explains that in Islam, life is one of the most-if not the most- sacred right of a human being. Attempting to take someone’s life is one of the most horrible and dangerous crime possible because it is a provocation to a group’s feelings and an infraction to the rules of behaviour in society.
Religeous authorities refuse to consider them them as proper crimes. Worse, several islamic organisation promulgated a fatwa declaring that honour crimes are viewed favorably as far as Islam is concerned.
This custom is, in fact, deeply rooted in an extremely pious society that does not see honour killings as an aberration in relation to what Islam teaches. It is common to hear murderers argue in good faith that they believed what they did to be part of their religion.
In that part of the world, honour crimes are believed to be the remnants left by preislamic aracbic tribalism.

In Jordan (where about 30% of honour crimes are comitted each year), honour killings are legally distinguished from other murders. Men who get convicted because they commited a honour crile are usually sentence to 3 month to two years of prison. The Jordanian penal code contains two articles that deal with that question :
-Article 98 : A person who kills another person in a “fit of fury”deserves a reduced sentence.
-Article 340 : (a)He who discovers his wife or one of his female relatives committing adultery with another, and he kills, wounds or injures one or both of them, is exempt from any penalty”
(b)He who discovers his wife, or one of his female ascendants or descendants or sisters with another in an unlawful bed and he kills, wounds or injures one or both of them, benefits from a reduction of penalty.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
ayoub
membre habitué
membre habitué
ayoub

MessageSujet: Re: Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur   Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur Icon_minitimeLun 20 Nov - 10:25

traditional is only with 1 n but is good
Kytice
membre inactif
membre inactif

MessageSujet: Re: Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur   Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur Icon_minitimeLun 20 Nov - 13:51

Thanks, I'll correct it Very Happy
mathlinks
membre habitué
membre habitué
mathlinks

MessageSujet: Re: Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur   Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur Icon_minitimeVen 23 Fév - 10:50

i think it's good enough , i just suggest you to use more the "natural language" that we used to 'pick up' not to learn, i admet that in our program we don't pay enough attention to this part of english language but with a small effort you can get it
Sarah
membre habitué
membre habitué
Sarah

MessageSujet: Re: Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur   Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur Icon_minitimeSam 24 Fév - 9:46

well I think that's quite good as an essay, but I am just asking myself if you wrote it by yourself ???? I dont think so....

anyway, We don't say "Arabic Society" bbecause "arabic" refers to the language but you can replace it by "Arabian"
Kytice
membre inactif
membre inactif

MessageSujet: Re: Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur   Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur Icon_minitimeVen 9 Mar - 5:35

Sarah a écrit:
well I think that's quite good as an essay, but I am just asking myself if you wrote it by yourself ???? I dont think so....
If I hadn't written it myself, I wouldn't ask for help now, would I ? Smile

Thanks for the hint about the arabic/arabian matter Very Happy

Dernière édition par le Sam 10 Mar - 16:13, édité 1 fois
Sarah
membre habitué
membre habitué
Sarah

MessageSujet: Re: Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur   Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur Icon_minitimeSam 10 Mar - 8:37

anytime Wink
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur   Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur Icon_minitime

Relecture d'un devoir sur les crimes d'honneur
Page 1 sur 1